Archipelago Province, especially Maluku is one of archipelago areas in Indonesia which has very imperative natural resources, lies on the land, ocean and air region. Natural resources and their space must be managed in an integrated manner so that the region and the society sectors could have utility and production efforts for the benefit of sustainable national development. On the other hand, there are various forms of exploitation and pressure on the natural resources of archipelago province which is very alarming. Unfortunately, the policy of government regulation has not been fully in favor of sustainable development in the archipelago region.
Several innovative efforts are required from various parties to play an active role in the development of archipelago regions in a sustainable manner. The efforts to develop the islands are not limited to the utilization of natural resources, but must also be accompanied by conservation and rehabilitation of both physical and biological natural resources to maintain sustainable development. The role of regional development effort is not only the responsibility of local government, on the other hand it becomes a mutual obligation from others, that is between University as a Centre of Science and Technology, Community, Industries, Government and Media. As a University with excellent human resources and excellency in research, Universitas Pattimura (UNPATTI) Ambon and Universitas Padjadjaran (UNPAD) Bandung have established research and community service cooperation since 2015.
Responding to the needs of regional innovative progress for sustainable development, Universitas Pattimura (UNPATTI) Ambon and Universitas Padjadjaran (UNPAD) Bandung will hold a Joint Conference with the theme: Sustainable Development for Archipelago Region in 2017. This joint conference is a channeling media of innovations, ideas and research results with the objective of natural resources and human resources to support sustainable development in the archipelago region.
- To disseminate the research results of researchers in University and R & D Institutions.
- To strengthen the collaborative networks of researchers in various fields to support sustainable development in the archipelago region.
Scope of Activities
The Joint Conference is a one-day Seminar open to academics, researchers (University and R&D institutions) and practitioners from government and NGOs. Articles written in English will be presented in oral or poster session. Selected articles will be published in SCOPUS indexed proceedings or National Journal with ISSBN.
Venue and Date
The Joint Conference will be held at Universitas Pattimura on November 14, 2017.
The Theme of this Joint “Conference is Sustainable Development for Archipelago Region” with the following topics:
- Advanced materials
- Dr. Gautam Kumar Jha (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)
Social Development and Behaviour Archipelago Region.
- Prof. Dr. Armida Alisjahbana, S.E., M.A. (Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia)
Sustainable Development Plan for Archipelago Region.
- Dr.rer.nat. Gino V. Limmon, M.Sc. (Universitas Pattimura, Indonesia)
Maritim Science and Technology for Archipelago Region.
- Publication of Conference articles on SCOPUS indexed proceedings.
- Publication of Conference articles in National Journal with ISSBN.
Participants are expected to submit their abstracts before October 16 th , 2017. The Accepted abstracts will be announced on October 23 rd , 2017. Full paper must be submitted before November 4 th , 2017. Please refer to this link to create an account and submit your abstract.
The Joint Conference will be held at Universitas Pattimura on Tuesday, 14 th November 2017. The important dates:
- Socialization of activities: from July 14 th, 2017.
- The deadline for abstract submission: October 23 rd, 2017.
- The announcement of accepted abstracts: October 30 th, 2017.
- Deadline for full paper submission: November 4 th, 2017.
- Deadline for participant’s registration: November 3 rd, 2017.
- Deadline for payments: November 3 rd, 2017.
- The Seminar: November 14 th, 2017.